Thursday, October 25, 2012

Latest Cookie Commission

Once upon a time I used to be scared to try new things...

For some reason, I LOVE trying new things with these cookies.  My latest commission was for a customer that will be celebrating Eid tomorrow.  New commission = new products to try!  This time I tried Wilton's Pearl Dust in Gold.  I don't think this was supposed to happen, but I ended up using the whole vile of dust.  Definitely operator error.  I think the key was consistency.  I mixed lemon extract with the pearl dust, but I just couldn't get the thickness right.  Plus, I know I added too much of the mixture to the stars because it pooled in the center and cracked as it dried.  Luckily I made a bunch of practice cookies!

I'm also realizing that I'm not using enough royal icing to fill the shapes.  I'm my own worst critic, but I can see where I could have added more icing to the crescents and stars.  On to my next experiment!




No comments:

Post a Comment