Friday, November 23, 2012

Gobble Gobble

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday!  I love getting together with family over the holidays, and our Turkey Day celebration always lasts until Sunday.  We take the trip over the river and through the woods...to Nanny and Pop Pop's house we go.  It's like a mini vacation for us...we have two extra sets of hands to help with the Peas (and the grandparents LOVE to have them visit)...it's a win-win situation! 

Surprisingly, I did not bring turkey cookies to the festivities (my job is the mashed potatoes), but I was happy to hear that the 8 1/2 dozen turkies that I made for customers were a big hit!


One of the problems I've run into is...space.  Space to cool the cookies, space to decorate, space to make meals, etc.  I never thought this would be a problem, since we recently upgraded from a townhome to a single family home, but it has.  Last week I found a solution to the problem.  Well, not a full solution, but this item definitely helps!  If you're short on space in the kitchen and love to bake, this might help you too!

 
 
Ahhhh....an adjustable folding baker's rack !!  This little beauty can be bought on Amazon.com and it fits on the countertop under the upper cabinets!  Head to the dollar store and purchase two 2-packs of wire racks and you're all set!  The racks sit beautifully on the shelves (as well as my "good" baking racks) and the rack can be folded up and put away after you're done!  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment