Saturday, November 3, 2012

Post-Sandy Pumpkin Cookies

What a crazy week we've had!  The damage and devistation that Hurricane Sandy created was unbelieveable.  Our family was definitely lucky, only losing power for one day (and phone / internet / cable for about five days).  Our thoughts are with everyone that are still without power, or that have lost their homes.

As you can imagine, I wasn't baking much this week...but I did get one order done!  My friend, Kerry, had reminded me about a website we had pinned on Pinterest that had pumpkin flavored roll-out cookies:  Life's A Batch
Kerry had recently tried them and said the flavor was amazing...and since I trust her taste completely, I thought they would be perfect to try for my next order!


The cookies smelled delicious...and I guess they're a bit healthier, using whole wheat flour, brown sugar and organic turbinado sugar.  Aaaaand, the final product:

 
Now onto my knitting and sewing projects.  During the power outage, I was able to get some prepping done for my new headbands.  Hopefully this week I will have another post about my progress with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment