Monday, January 20, 2014

Bullie Love

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, our Bullie (my little inspiration for my logo and business name) passed away in October.  She had an aggressive form of cancer called Hemangiosarcoma of the Spleen.  Thankfully, back in September I had listened to my Mommy intuition and taken her to the vet because she just seemed "off".  The vet did an x-ray and found blood in her abdomen and a tumor on her spleen, so they did emergency surgery.  We were all quite surprised when the tumor came back malignant.  Because it was an aggressive cancer and she was already stage 3, chemo wasn't really a smart option.  The vet oncologist gave her anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months to live.  Really horrible news...especially since I was due to have my 4th Pea in a couple of weeks!

Long story short, Ozzie lived almost two months longer.  We were so happy to have that time with her, and I was relieved she waited for me to get home from the hospital.  And we were able to capture this...



We had our friend, and awesome photographer, Jen Davis, come over for a photo shoot so we could create our Christmas card early.

Our Vet and Vet techs were amazing through this whole situation....really, they've been amazing ever since we stepped foot (and paw) into the office!  So kind and caring...and Ozzie LOVED going to the Vet (what dog likes going to the Vet??!).  I can not say enough positive things about Foxmoor Animal Hospital

About a month a month ago, I received a letter in the mail from APAW (a local animal placement agency).  The told me that Dr. Fjerstad had made a contribution to the agency, in memory of our Bullie.  Well, that just started the waterworks again!  I was so touched that I had to do more than just a thank you note to them.  I expressed my thanks through cookies...




We are hoping to add another Bullie to our family sometime this year.  We'll see you soon Dr. Fjerstad!

1 comment: