Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 2014!

Happy New Year everyone!  Boy, what a roller coaster 2013 was.  In one month I went from "Three Peas and a Dog", to "Four Peas and no Dog"...  In October, we were blessed with our fourth "Pea"...


and were devastated by the passing of our Bullie...

 
 
Our Bulldog, Ozzie, was diagnosed with Hermangiosarcoma back in September.  We found out after she had emergency surgery on her abdomen.  The tumor had been sent out to the lab and came back positive for the aggressive cancer.  There is currently no cure for this disease, and we were fortunate enough to enjoy another month and a half with her.  I was just so thankful she didn't pass away while I was delivering Pea #4...she waited until I came home.
 
 
Little Miss Sloane, our 4th and final Pea, was born on October 4th.  She's really been a wonderful baby, and the other Peas are completely in love with her.  I was so nervous about adding another Pea to our family, since we were already outnumbered...but she fits right in! 
 
So, now that the New Year has started, I have also started getting back into the swing of things.  Cookie baking has commenced, and I have also made a promise to myself to keep up with my blogging.  Over the winter break, I started experimenting with some new cookie flavors and ideas.  My next post will cover those yummy cookies!
 
On a side note, I will be keeping my "Three Peas and a Dog" name for a bit (we plan on adding a furry friend to our family later on in the year), but I will eventually change it to add in that fourth addition.  
 

1 comment: