Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cookie Canvas

As I travel on this cookie journey, I love learning new techniques and designs to beautify cookies...and make them fun.  I came across a fun technique from Montreal Confections a few months ago...Painting your own cookies!

The cookie design becomes like a page out of a coloring book, with a coordinating color palette.  Kids (or adults) can then add a little water to a paint brush and paint in the lines.  Brilliant!

I thought this would be perfect for kid projects, birthday parties, or even holidays.  I'd like to introduce my first sets of "Cookie Canvases"...


Farm Animals Theme (animals created from Dorky Prints)
 

 
Fun Foods Theme (designs created by Drawn With Character)
 
Each package comes with three cookie designs, one color palette and a paint brush.  I am also looking into creating individual Cookie Canvases, which will have the color palette on each cookie (kind of like the Montreal Confections video link from above).
 
And I couldn't add this to my product line until I tried it!
 
 
I just introduced these Canvases a couple of weeks ago, and have already made over a dozen of them!  Some were for a Valentine's treat, while the others were for a birthday party favor!  Here is one of the recipients of the birthday party favor...
 

 
These cookies have been a lot of fun to make and fun to find designs to use.  The designs need to be fairly simple to re-create, since they will be colored in.  So far, I'm in love with Dorky Prints and Drawn with Character...their clip art is perfect!!
 
I'd love to hear what you think!



4 comments:

  1. Oh M GEE!!!! These are AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Leslie! I LOVE your cookies. The ones you made for my mom last May were yummy! I really like the cookie canvas idea. You are very creative. I am learning about blogging in my technology class at school and I picked your blog to learn how to comment. I love to look at all of the different kinds of cookies that you make. Now I'm very hungry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kevin!! I'm so happy that you chose my blog to help you in your class!! I promised your mom some lemon and lime cookies, when I try them out...hopefully sometime soon. You'll have to let me know if you like the flavors!!

      Delete