Friday, January 4, 2013

1 Snap a Day - Day 4

Resolutions...

Day 4:

40 Before 40

 
Okay, I cheated a bit with this photo...my friend took it, BUT it was with my camera.  Does that count?  I needed it for a good reason......
 
One of my good friends, Casey (creator of The Creative Confectionista), has started a 40 before 40 challenge!  We go way back...both of us on soccer teams together, both of us hating to run.  I hated running so much that I decided to try and overcome it by...running a Marathon.  In 2001 I raised enough money for the Arthritis Foundation to earn myself a trip to run the Dublin Marathon (that's right...Dublin, Ireland)!!!  Looking back, I definitely did not train well for those 26.2 miles of pain, but I did finish.  I am 99% sure I will NEVER run another marathon, but a strange thing happened after I finished...I actually started to enjoy running.  Weird. 
 
Fast forward to 2009...that's when Casey and I started running some races together.  Now we have certain race traditions that cannot be broken (Jingle Bell runs, Turkey Trots and our celebratory Dunkin Donuts coffees).  I will be joining Casey in her quest to complete 40 races by the time we turn 40!!  You can check out her blog about it here.  I will also be keeping track of my races, which you can check out on my 40 Before 40 page.
 
Join us!  Create your own 40 Before 40 Page and let us know!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A fellow 40-before-40 runner. Thanks for the love! :)

    ReplyDelete