Saturday, January 5, 2013

1 Snap a Day - Day 5

Resolutions...

Day 5:

 
Thou Shalt Not Kill Thy Plants.
 
The same thing happens every year. 
 
 Mid-May we make the trip to Home Depot or Lowes to purchase the poor, unsuspecting plants and flowers.  I become very positive about the experience, telling myself that this summer will be different and ALL of my little beauties will thrive and look beautiful all summer.
 
End of May, we've already had our first victims because we were down the shore and forgot to water them before we left.  Go back to Home Depot to purchase a few more flowers.
 
Mid-June...Oh, wait.  We have to water the flowers, right?  More victims.  No replacements.
 
By August, the remaining flowers have been burnt to a crisp and I have given up all hope. 
 
Now that we're in our new house, maybe this year I can actually keep them alive...at least I will try.  Maybe I'll actually do some research and figure out which plants can survive with very little water (besides cactus).  The little beauty above is an Amaryllis, which was given to us by my Mother-in-Law.  I really can't take credit for the growth of this flower...my inlaws and Peas watered it every week.  Maybe it's just me...maybe if the Peas do the planting this summer, the flowers will have a chance to survive.  Hmmm... 

1 comment: